Soy tempeh is a plant-based protein that is made by fermenting cooked soybeans with a Rhizopus mold. This process - which can take up to 3 days - improves the nutritional profile of the soybeans and adds a delicious umami flavor. It has nutty and mushroom-y flavor and has a firm and chewy texture.
May it for vegan or non-vegan diet, tempeh is loaded with nutrients that your body needs -- such as iron, calcium, B vitamins, protein fiber and many more. Compared to tofu, tempeh is made with whole soybeans so you get more of the goodness of soybeans.
Ingredients: non-GMO soybeans, rhizopus oligosporus culture, water & vinegar. no fillers, no preservatives
How to Prepare:
1) Simply thaw before cooking or place in hot water to thaw faster.
2) Marinate in hot water with salt and garlic (or your choice of marinade). Leave it for at least 4 hours or overnight, Or simply use it right away after thawing -- the secret to tempeh done right is by simmering it (simmering helps tempeh absorbs the flavor of any sauce or broth)
1) Shelf-life of up to 6 months
2) Keep Frozen. Thaw or chill before cooking
3) Use within 2 days after thawing
Size: 350 g